The Scholarships are awarded annually to female international/DACA students who are currently enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree programme at a programme MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada.
In keeping with MPOWER’s commitment to empower high-potential global citizens to realize their educational aspirations — and become tomorrow’s leading scientists and innovators — this scholarship programme focuses on women who will use their STEM degree to benefit society and the planet and who have the potential to serve as role models and advocates for women in STEM.
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree programme at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Is protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
How to apply
- The quality of the applicant’s written essays; essays should demonstrate clarity of thought, compelling goals and vision, and superior writing skills in English.
- The applicant’s record of academic and (if applicable) professional distinction.
- The applicant’s potential to make significant contributions in a STEM field that will benefit people and/or the planet; and
- The applicant’s track record and/or potential as a role model and advocate for women and girls in STEM.
The successful candidates will be contacted and interviewed.
- Grand Prize: $6,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $1,000
January 15, 2023