The trust for sustainable living student essay competition 2023 is open and invites the student to participate in the competition, submit one essay in English, entitled: “How can young people be better supported to thrive in green jobs?”
They want to hear students’ views on how they feel they can be better supported to succeed in the green jobs market. Students are invited to approach the topic however they wish. They are strongly encouraged to include their own personal views, perspectives, and experiences to help bring their thoughts and visions alive.
- Must be aged 7 – 18, it has two categories 7 – 11 and 12 – 18 years.
- All essays must be original any plagiarised content will not be considered for the award.
- The judges will work based on creativity.
- A fact-based format and your writing contribute to the national or international debate.
How to apply
Teacher Champions represent their school or college and submit all the student’s essays. Students can participate in one of two age categories.
- The judges look for originality and creativity, written around a fact-based narrative in all formats – and the potential to contribute to constructive national or international debate.
- Unique and well-argued perspectives score highly.
- All work should be original and the student’s own.
- A bibliography of references should be included where appropriate. Essays or videos with plagiarised content will not be accepted.
- A free trip to the TSL summit with 500-pound spending money.
- The top ten essays will receive medals and redeemable gift tokens.
- All participating teacher champions will receive personalized e-certificate.
January 11, 2023